Four days of hiking on the Inca trail to Machupicchu (the Inca’s Royal Road to Machu Picchu), the lost city of the Incas.
At dawn on the fourth day we will pass through the Intipunku, the dramatic ridge top “Gateway to the Sun.” The first glimpse of Machu Picchu is a stunning, dramatic overview of one of the world’s greatest cultural treasures.
Numerous other Inca cities, along the route now archarlogical complexes, help us understand Machu Picchu in the economic, social, and military context it had for its citizens. We pass among wheat-coloured high mountains, under stunning Mount Salkantay and her glaciers, and through the richly diverse forests in the interstitial niches between jungle and highland.
DAY 1: CUSCO – KM. 82 – HUAYLLABAMBA: Depart Cusco by bus at 07:00, to Urubamba and Ollantaytambo. After 1 hour trip we will take you to km 82 that is the start point of the Inca trail. Hike to Huayllabamba (3000m.a.s.l.) along the Urubamba river.The hike lasts 5 hours.
DAY 2.- WAYLLABAMBA – PACAYMAYU: Difficult day, we slowly go up hill (2 ½ hrs.) to a pretty campsite such as Lluchapampa (halfway up the first pass). And 2hrs. later we arrive to Warmihuañusca pass (4200m.a.s.l.) and then, we go down to get to Pacaymayu Valley, (3500m.a.s.l.) we camp here.
DAY 3: PACAYMAYU – WIÑAYHUAYNA: The best day to enjoy the adventure, walking along the original Inca trail. We visit Runcaracay Inca site, then we go up hill to Runcuracay pass (3950m.a.s.l.) where we have an amazing view of the Urubamba and Vilcabamba mountain ranges, we visit the next Inca sites: Sayacmarca, Phuyutamarca y Wiñayhuayna (2600m.a.s.l.) place where we camp. Treks to Machupicchu.
DÍA 4: DIA 4: WIÑAYHUAYNA – MACHUPICCHU:
After breakfast, we walk to the Intipunco (Sun gate); we have an overall view of Machupicchu. We will also visit the most important places in Machupicchu, during the afternoon we take the train back to Cusco.
- Pick up from hotel and private transportation to Km. 82.
- Bilingual professional guides for the Inka Trail and Machupicchu.
- Entrance ticket to Inka Trail and Machupicchu.
- Cooker and porters to carry only food and camping equipment.
- Excellent meals: 03B – 03L – 03D.
- Vegetarian food (optinal).
- Tea time: (mate, tea, coffee…).
- Camping equipment: Tents, mattress, dinning tent, tables, chairs ….etc.
- Firt Aid Kit and oxygen bottle.
- Bus to Aguas Calientes.
- Touristic train ticket of return to cusco.
- Transfer fron train station to hotel.
- First breakfast.
- Last lunch.
- Sleeping bag.
YOU MUST TO BRING:
- Original passport.
- Regular backpack.
- Sleeping bag.
- Bottle of water.
- Flashlight and batteries.
- Sun block.
- Sun glasses.
- Hat or Cap.
- Pills to purify the water
- appropriate clothes.